jueves, 26 de noviembre de 2009

My oral presentation





I did my oral presentation with Adria. We talked about videogames in the exposition oral. We explain how video games formed, the first video games, the best videoconsoles games and the best top ten video games. Do it the oral presentation oral with Adria I helped raise with final mark because he drafted the text and corrected my some mistakes.



Now I'm going to little bit comment of oral presentation.






Presentation.



I intruduced to our presentation with the power point. I explained everything that they going to said next. I believe that we did a correct presentation using a correct vocabulary.






Body language and eye contact.



In this part my mark down because I know that I read a lot althought I read a lot because I am very nervious and I have fear that I didn't remember something. This day I woke up at six o'clock because I like studyied for I didn't like reading. In my house I did the presentation oral almost without reading.






Structure.



Our structure of presentation oral I believe that It's correct because we said the things that I talked in the presentation. I think that it's also correct structure because It was possible differentiate the presentation, the content and the conclusions.






Content.



I think that this part it was the best because in the power point don't appear all information and we only using for following the presentation. Adria did much work in this part because he corrected my wrongs and he changed vocabulary to make it more formal.






Language.



The language of our presentation I also think that it was correct because Adria has a good level of English and he was using correct verbs forms and correct vocabulary. In this part Adria also did much work because he also helped me.






Pronunciation and intonation.



My pronunciation and intonation it was a regular because how I said before my level of english it's not good and for this reason I escaped some word that it wasn't english or I said with a wrong intonation.















In the end I put the transcription of presentation oral but I can't put a video of this presentation because Adria and me have a problem. We don't put this video in the youtube because it's too long and we can't divide this video because Adria don't have any programme that It do it and I have a problem with video.



The blue parts are what I said and the other parts are what Adria said. The part of Adria in this text are more esquematic than what Adria said.









Introduction.
Today we are going to talk about videogames. First of all we will introduce with a short explanation about videogames history, the variety of video consoles there are now in the market, and some of the top 10 videogames of all the times.




Videogames History:
Okay, first of all we will make you a short explanation about videogames history, as we’ve said it will be short because videogames history is infinite and it’s growing every day.
- Origins:
In 1947 it was created the first videogame of all times, it consisted in a analogical system which consisted in destroy some luminous point which appeared random by the screen. Although it’s considered the first videogame of all times it’s not really a videogame, why not? Well, because as all modern inventions, this game was created to train American soldiers.
In 1951: Claude Shannon created the first Chess-playing programme, however, that wasn’t a real videogame, because it work with sequences of numbers and letters, but it’s considered one of the first videogames because a human player it’s requested to play the game.
In 1952: NIM is created, a mathematical videogame which just existed before as a board-game, the main difference is that NIM was made to be played with a screen.
1958: Tennis for two was created by William Higginbotham. This is the typical videogame where a Ping-Pong or a Tennis match is simulated. This is, officially, the first videogame of human history.
1959: Mouse in the Maze. It doesn’t seem a videogame, but in fact it was, it’s a simply game, it’s as use the mouse of a PC of nowadays.
1961: Spacewar. It is one of the famous videogames, it consists in destroy as meteorites as the player can. The shotgun is in the middle of the screen and meteorites come from all sites.
1966: Odissey. It is the first home-videogame, until this moment all videogames where very big computers with a reduced screen, but now people could buy this machine and bring it to their home, because it was smaller than any videogame which had been invented.

1972: Pong!. It’s the first videogame of a new era, it was made as a remake of Tennis for Two, but with lots of improvements, the original videogame had totally changed. Pong! had so much effect between teenagers of all the world that it began the era of arcade-videogames.
Videogames became a common thing, and as time went by, videogames improved more and more, first of all a computer was needed for every videogames, but with the time, computers as NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) appeared, this computers allowed players to play lots of videogames with the same machine.




Video consoles of the new millennium:
Playstation3: It’s the third generation of videogames from Sony Computer Entertainment. It’s as a computer, there are different models with more or less memory, and it goes from 20Gb to 320Gb.
PSP: PSP is the a handled game console from Sony Computer Entertainment. It’s potential is higher than PlayStation2 but it’s not as high as PS3 one.
XBOX360: It is the second video game console produced by Microsoft. It hasn’t got the potency of PS3, but is the second best videogame console of the market.
Nintendo Wii: It’s a home videogame console released by Nintendo. It’s a little bit better than PlayStation2 and it has the particularity that when you move its wireless controller your avatar in the screen makes the same movements as you.
NintendoDS: It’s a dual-screen handled game console from Nintendo. And it’s the one which has less potency. It has the particularity than in one of the screens the player interacts with a pencil-stick.







Top 10 Videogames of all times:
10.-Super Metroid (Super Nintendo)
9.-Tetris (Varios)
8.-Final Fantasy XII (PlayStation 2)
7.-Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox)
6.-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Super Nintendo)
5.-Super Mario World (Super Nintendo)
4.-Half-Life 2 (PC)
3.-Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)
2.-Resident Evil 4 (GameCube, PlayStation 2, Wii)
1.-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)

Okay, that’s all, if you have any question we will be very kind to answer you.

1 comentario:

  1. David, I can't see Adrià's transcription, why don't you change the background colour!!

    ResponderEliminar